Sixth overall on the second day of testing, the Brazilian highlighted the progress of the team. This Wednesday there will be no track activities, with the cars returning on Thursday.
The second day of testing had an additional chicane after drivers complaints last Monday, so the laptimes were up to three seconds slower than yesterday – however, the drivers prefered it better. As one more day of adjustements and lots of laps completed, reigning Formula E champion Lucas di Grassi showed confidence on how everything has developed so far.
“We finished the second day of testing in a sunny Valencia with a pretty good improvement. Everything went ok. We finished the afternoon session as second fastest, so it was a very productive day. I am happy with the efforts everybody in the team is putting in”, said Lucas, who carries the #1 on the Audi e-tron FE04.
The final day of the FIA Formula E pre-season testing will be on Thursday. Tomorrow, though, it will be a long day for drivers and engineers – even with the cars staying still inside the garages. “Tomorrow is a data-analysing day, where we will have a couple of meetings and the go for the last day before the season-opening in Hong Kong”, the Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler driver stated.
Pre-season Testing, Day 2 (Top-10):
1. 9 Sebastien Buemi (Renault e.Dams) – 1:21.890
2. 19 Felix Rosenqvist (Mahindra Racing) – 1:21.934}
3. 2 Sam Bird (DS Virgin Racing) – 1:21.950
4. 16 Oliver Turvey (NIO Formula E Team) – 1:22.135
5. 8 Nicolas Prost (Renault e.Dams) – 1:22.173
6. 1 Lucas Di Grassi (Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler) – 1:22.215
7. 66 Daniel Abt (Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler) – 1:22.256
8. 7 Jerome D’Ambrosio (Dragon Racing) – 1:22.422
9. 20 Mitch Evans (Panasonic Jaguar Racing) – 1:22.455
10. 3 Nelson Piquet Jr. (Panasonic Jaguar Racing) – 1:22.476